Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Birds, Flowers and Cupcakes

I vowed I would complete a Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge and I did - on a Monday (Posted Tuesday morning). I actually love this card. I've grown accustomed to square cards so I decided to go with that design - who knows what the darling daughter would have said if I made a round card - I'll surprise her one day!!! Anyway I picked up the colours from Color Chef over at Kelly Jo's Stamp Pad - which I happened onto through The Daily Dare. The colours were Black, Cream and Green. I was skeptical until I put them together and realized how wonderful they looked. I finally opened my Very Vanilla Satin Ribbon....don't use Vanilla much so it hadn't been opened. I attached the little flowers with Crystal Effects and then added a dollop in the centres to attach the green
microbeads.

I've been trying to get to the CCEE challenge since it was set and finally finished! The challenge was to make something "Sweet". It was hard to decide at first and then I happened upon my cupcakes AND this awesome set of rhinestones just called out to be used. The sketch is from Squigglefly.

My last card is for the Featured Stamper Challenge on Splitcoast Sunday. As soon as I saw this card I knew I wanted to use it for the challenge. At first I was going to use the cornflowers from "Inspired by Nature", but these flowers caught my eye, so I thought I'd give them a try. I'm happy with how the card turned out but disappointed with the butterfly. The Tombow Glue went
on a bit too thick.

Well, I've got to get some marking done...report cards are around the corner!!!!

I hope you are having a wonderful day. Thanks for dropping by!

13 comments:

Stef H said...

you are on a roll here! these are all gorgeous.

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA! These are all fabulous, Joan!

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful Joan!!!
Elegant too!
Hope you're having a great Tue!
Blessings, Maria

Cindy Haffner said...

Joan your cards are so PRETTY!!

Kylie said...

Hi Joan, thanks so much for your lovely comments.
I love the green bird card. Green is one of my fav colours!
good luck with the challenge.

Kylie ox

Tammy Hershberger said...

Black, cream and green is STUNNING together! Your card is gorgeous! I love that bird image!

LOVE the other cards, too! You have such wonderful creations!

Karin said...

Such lovely cards...Great job on the mojo sketch! Love the square!

Cheryl said...

Wow - all three cards are lovely! I never thought to use micro bead in the flower centers. Great idea.

Stephanie said...

great cards Joan, I really love the bird one!

Allison Rankin said...

What terrific creations! Love your interpretation of the Mojo Monday sketch!

Unknown said...

Joan- these are beautiful! I especially love that little bird. Thank you so much for playing along in the color chef challenge this week!

Kelly Schelske said...

these are all fabulous Joan!!

Unknown said...

Hey Joan- your card one the color chef challenge! Email me for the code for the badge at theratcliffs AT charter DOT net