Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow and Collage

Good Morning:

I had fun creating this first card. The Ways to Use It Challenge last week was to create a collage card/project. I decided that I would go into my little drawer of bits and try to piece the card together that way.

What I have ended up with is a collage about myself - I guess. The ONLY thing that I had to stamp for this is the Philippians verse at the bottom...which of course represents my love for God and my knowledge that I can do all things because of the strength He gives me. The cups represent the mega amount of coffee/tea I tend to drink, the butterfly is for my love of them and if I could have included a dragonfly I would have. The tiny little bird is on top of the cello which , along with the treble clef stands for my love of music - listening/singing/dancing. The bird itself represents the fact that I will stop in my tracks just to listen to a birds' song. Buttons and ribbon match my history of sewing and crafts......and the Favorite Teddy - yeah well - I may be 51, but I find absolutely NO shame in cuddling a stuffed animal!

Okay - enough about me!
This cute little snowman was drawn by Tracy Vinson's niece. Tracy is the founder of Sugar Creek Hollow. The DT were given this cute little guy to work with a couple of weeks ago - He's now a freebie available at the Sugar Creek Hollow website. You should pop over there today to meet more members of the design team.

It's hard to see in the picture, but I cut each of his snowballs out and layered them with dimensionals - his middle section sticks out a bit further than the other two. I covered each snowball with Two way Glue and then added the Dazzling Diamonds. He has black seed beads for his mouth and eyes.

I hope you are working your way into a wonderful Wednesday!
Thanks for stopping by,

PS - ONE MORE FANTASTIC EXCITING PIECE OF NEWS I HEARD YESTERDAY - My Up-Up line in Stampin'Up! - Tamye Dunbar - won one of the Workshop(s) of a Lifetime - so sometime in the near future we'll be having an event with Shelli Gardner - WoooooHoooo! Tamye Rocks!!!

1 comment:

Deb Neerman said...

Love the collage, and that snowman card is just adorable!