Thursday, February 25, 2010

Birds and Remakes

Happy Thursday!!! I'm scheduling this post when it's actually Wednesday - so I'm really looking forward to Thursday. #1 - it's one of my most favorite days at school. #2 - Author Sigmund Brouwer is visiting our school today - he writes novels for children (mostly for boys!!!! Yipee- a greatly needed genre!) and he also writes incredible adult Christian Fiction. #3 - it's almost Friday.

Anyway - I love these little birds which come from Delightful Inspiration. They are just so much fun!!! Faith asked us to think outside the box for colours and such. I used the sketch from Midnight Madness. I love how they give you the
option of going all out or keeping it simple.
The Clean and Simple Challenge on Splitcoast this week was to take one of the cards you'd made previously and change it to a CAS card. I went through my stash and just pulled this one out which I made last year. I had embossed the swirls on Sage Shadow and then covered them with velum and added the little pearls from the Pretties Kit.
How convenient for me that I still had the black version of the rub-on words so was able to duplicate the card easily. I kept the base and ribbon the same but opted for DSP and brads for the embellishments. I didn't spritz or stamp the Apricot
Appeal with anything - that may drive me nuts in the long run. I seem to have an aversion to plain paper....unless it's matting.

Anyway - here's to anticipating a fantastic day. I hope the same goes for you. Thanks for stopping by!!

ps - is there anyone else out there who is getting teary eyed over some of the commercials and features during the Olympics. The Tim Horton's commercial with the Dad meeting his family at the airport with suitcases full of winterwear.....yeah, tears!!! And the segment that I just saw with Michael J. Fox skating .....knowing what he's gone through!!! Wow!!!

14 comments:

Joseline said...

Joan your bird card is adorable!! The SCS cards Cherish are beautiful.

Have fun at school today! Take pictures! My oldest son loves Sigmund Brouwer! How cool he's visiting your school.

Stef H said...

wow joan! i love the birds. and how you did the sentiment. all those tiny circles - fabulous.

your CAS card is gorgeous!

enjoy your day at school!

u actually watch commercials???? LOL

Deb Neerman said...

Soooooooo cute, Joan! And your 'remake' is just fabulous!!

Andrea, said...

Oh these are wonderful Joan, the little birds are so sweet and I love the pastel colours

Allison Rankin said...

Awesome creations Joan. I ♥ the cherish cards a lot!

Cheryl said...

Joan, thank you for your sweet comments on my blog.

I totally love this card. The colors are great. And, you are right, this birds are adorable.

I hope you enjoyed your day at school today. Sounds fun.

I get teary-eyed at some of the commercial and human interest stuff too. Whew - glad I am not alone!

Alex said...

that bird card is super cute Joan, love it!! Soooo glad we are back in touch!! And, the Cherish card is gorgeous, girl!

So, are you not a demo anymore? So sad if so, you are truly talented!

Glad school is going so well, have fun!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Joan - it is great having you play along with us this week on the MMSC - what an adorable image, those birds are so adorable! I love the colours - they are so very pretty! Great way to do the sentiment too!

Carol Hurlock said...

Joan this is so cute and fun. I love how you turned the sketch on it's side and worked your magic. Thanks for playing along with us in the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :o}
Midnight Madness Design Team

Sue McMahon said...

The birds are so sweet! Excellent job on the sketch! Thank you for joining us at Midnight Madness and hope to see you again next week!

Sue
MMSC DT

Priscilla said...

Hi Joan, pleasure to meet you :) I am just thrilled that you joined in the fun this week. A BIG WARM WELCOME to your challenges. All your creations are lovely. I really like your MM card..those birds are too cute. I think that is one of my favorites of Faiths. Oh I just wanted to let you know to mark your calendar for March 5th because that is when the Midnight Madness will be doing a huge giveaway. It will be a blog candy style with comment entries only. No card making on this one, but I really do not want our players to miss out on the opportunity to win. You will not be sorry you entered. Thank you so much for playing the Midnight Madness sketch challenges with us. We really love checking out all our entries work each week. p.s. Sneak Peek is up

Priscilla
MMSC Hostess

Sue said...

Hi Joan and welcome to the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge. So glad you joined us with your great take on the sketch. We are also glad that you are liking the option with the sketches. I am loving those little birds too and I love how you colored them in such bright fun colors. The happy birthday is very clever too. Hope you come back often so we can see what you're creating. Yep, gotta love those commercials during the Olympics, as if some of the heart wrenching real life stories aren't enough of a workout for our tear ducts!!

Jeni C Slack (^0^) said...

Hi Joan, A BIG Welcome to Midnight Madness Sketch! We're glad you found us. What a cute and colorful bird-day card :) Those little letters strung across is a great interpretation! Excellent use of colors. Thanks for joining and I hope to see more of your cards each week, xox ~Jeni & MMSC DT

Faith S. said...

Awesome cards! Great job with the coloring! I love your "Go Canada" badge!! I was really hoping the US men's hockey was going to win tonight. Oh, well...it was a great game! Congrats, Canada!