Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Perseverence....wins the medal

Well....this is for fun!
Tuesday's Colour Challenge on Splitcoast was taken from the Olympic Inuksuk.....shown in the corner. You could take 1-2-3-4-or 5 of the colours represented plus a neutral. The "dessert" was to add metallics - bronze, silver or gold. This sketch is from The Sweetest Thing - Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge and the two of these fit together for me....
I used all five of the Olympic colours layered in the background with DSP (except for the Brilliant Blue which I had to stamp an image on. Heaven forbid that I should ever use a plain piece of paper!) I went to find an image that was sport related - 'cause I have a difficult time sometimes working outside the box. I saw this turtle and thought - hey - he won the race - he got Gold through perseverence. I guess he may have won three
different medals because I created the strip in the middle with gold, silver and copper metallic paper. I coloured his shell in the Inuksuk colours and his body is done in gold and silver metallic ink.

Hope you are enjoying your week. Thanks for dropping by!

9 comments:

Tina said...

Amazing take on the sketch! What a beauty!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

wonderful card-very colorful and fab layout!!!!
tfs:)

Anonymous said...

Hi joan!! WOW!! So gorgeous!! Love the pretty colors and your take on the sketch!! :) TFS!! HUGS

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful colors and I love that sketch!

Allison Rankin said...

Ha ha! How fun...love the Olympic turtle!

Deb Neerman said...

Too much fun, Joan! Love the sketch and your "Olympic" turtle ... too cute!

Stef H said...

oh joan! this is absolutely fabulous. now he needs a gold medal around his neck!!!

i really like it.

hugs :)

Maria Matter said...

oh what a brilliant take on this sketch Joan! Fabulous!!!
Blessings, Maria

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card Joan, have a great day