Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Perseverence....wins the medal

Well....this is for fun!
Tuesday's Colour Challenge on Splitcoast was taken from the Olympic Inuksuk.....shown in the corner. You could take 1-2-3-4-or 5 of the colours represented plus a neutral. The "dessert" was to add metallics - bronze, silver or gold. This sketch is from The Sweetest Thing - Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge and the two of these fit together for me....
I used all five of the Olympic colours layered in the background with DSP (except for the Brilliant Blue which I had to stamp an image on. Heaven forbid that I should ever use a plain piece of paper!) I went to find an image that was sport related - 'cause I have a difficult time sometimes working outside the box. I saw this turtle and thought - hey - he won the race - he got Gold through perseverence. I guess he may have won three
different medals because I created the strip in the middle with gold, silver and copper metallic paper. I coloured his shell in the Inuksuk colours and his body is done in gold and silver metallic ink.

Hope you are enjoying your week. Thanks for dropping by!

9 comments:

Tina said...

Amazing take on the sketch! What a beauty!

nitestamper said...

wonderful card-very colorful and fab layout!!!!
tfs:)

*Vicki* said...

Hi joan!! WOW!! So gorgeous!! Love the pretty colors and your take on the sketch!! :) TFS!! HUGS

Denise (peanutbee) said...

Beautiful colors and I love that sketch!

Allison said...

Ha ha! How fun...love the Olympic turtle!

Deb Neerman said...

Too much fun, Joan! Love the sketch and your "Olympic" turtle ... too cute!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh joan! this is absolutely fabulous. now he needs a gold medal around his neck!!!

i really like it.

hugs :)

Maria Matter said...

oh what a brilliant take on this sketch Joan! Fabulous!!!
Blessings, Maria

Andrea, said...

Fabulous card Joan, have a great day