Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Scrappy Music

I had a couple of minutes between workshops Tuesday night and threw this card together. It was quick and easy because every piece of it was scrap that I had in my little drawer.

The Bella was already coloured with a blue dress - I just added the contrast colour in the pleats and added gold pen to the Treble Clef and note.

The Hearts were left over from a previous project a couple of weeks ago. I punched holes in them once I decided how I was going to attach them.

The entire Saffron layer was already put together - Saffron, Bordering Blue and DSP. I added the Always Artichoke base and matt to the Bella - strung the organdy gold ribbon through the hearts and around the layer....and Viola - a done deal.

It was fun to put together. I bet I could spend a whole weekend putting left over pieces together. Maybe I'll challenge myself sometime. Not this weekend though!!!!

Hope all your bits and pieces are fitting together well today; thanks for stopping by,

6 comments:

Joseline said...

Very cute card Joan. I like how you added the musical notes.

dpkennedy said...

That's great how you used all of those pieces! She's very pretty! I haven't been here in so long...love your new look! Have a great day!

Maria Matter said...

Hi Joan!
Well your slap together card is beautiful!!!! lol Isn't is wonderful when a card comes together that fast and looks this lovely!

Fabulous, my friend!
have a great day!
blessings, Maria

Deb Neerman said...

Wish my slap-together projects turned out this beautiful! Love the card, Joan, and the gold accents are perfect!

scrappyjacky said...

Lovely card...certainly doesn't look slapped together!Thanks for your comment on my blog.

marsha said...

How cute and what a great way to use scraps!
Hugs, Marsha