Thursday, February 11, 2010

Durango Sage Friends

Good Morning -
I am actually still trying to figure out how I feel this morning. I ended up with a very sore neck and migraine yesterday. I did manage to get a challenge card done before settling down early for the night.

The colour challenge this week is Sage Shadow, Dusty Durango and Chocolate Chip. I thought I could make a perfect masculine card with these colours - but this emerged - so it will be more of a fall season card. The sage piece is a left over from something else.

The sketch is from last weeks OCC (Our Creative Corner) Weekly Sketch. I see they have a new one posted this morning - so I'll have to work on that one today.

When making the flower - which I generally have a hard time doing - I bent each one of the petals. I've seen other cards with this done and WOW does it help immensely with the look of the flower. Thank you to everyone who is such an inspiration to me.

Well, off to get ready for work. Have a thoroughly wonderful Thursday.

4 comments:

Stef H said...

absolutely beautiful - as always. hope your have a sunshiny day!

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty! I love the bent up flower petals! Sorry about your sore neck and migraine - lots of water and Motrin may help....of course then you will be peeing all the time too.....lesser of two evils perhaps??

Maria Matter said...

this is beautiful Joan! love the colors and that flower is perfect!!!
Feel Better!!
Blessings, Maria

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card Joan, gorgeous colours. Have a great weekend