Monday, February 22, 2010

Daffodils

Well, this poor daffodil plant certainly has been distressed. I was trying a new technique - which was featured by Danielle Kennedy on the Flourishes Newsletter February 14. It was a distressing technique which I had trouble doing it because my SU markers would run whenever I added water. It was a good thing that I stamped the image 3 times before beginning. What I eventually ended up doing was distressing the stamped image before colouring it....I had even let it dry for a couple of days and the ink still ran. So - the technique tutorial by Danielle is here...her end result is beautiful!!!

Challenges for this Card.....
SCS Limited Supply Challenge - Ribbon and Trim
Our Creative Corner - Try a New Technique
Saturday Spotlight - "Messy" - distressed paper
SCS Clean & Simple - Wishing For Spring
Thanks for stopping by to visit.....

5 comments:

Joseline said...

Hey Joan, you did such a great job for this challenge!

Deb Neerman said...

Fabulous card, Joan!

Anonymous said...

Oh i think this turned out gorgeous!! :) Love the yellow with the distressing on it! It shows up so nicely!! Lovely image and design!! Thanks for playing along at Saturday Spotlight this week!! HUGS

ellepaulette said...

What a lovely card!!So beautiful!! :)

sweetbloominscraps said...

Lovely cards...thanks for your comment on my card on splitcoast. Your cards are wonderful...you should play along with us. We will have a new sketch, of course on Wednesday.

sweetsketchwednesday.blogspot.com

Thanks again,
Judi, SSW DT