Sunday, February 28, 2010

Goofy Old Eggplant Hunters

Good Sunday Morning...
I had a fantastic day at the Young Author's Conference yesterday. It's such a great day for the kids that attend. Tiring though - for us adults. I'm hoping to get some down time stamping done today. The following cards I created Friday evening....

This first stamp set is another Flourishes set that I haven't used enough of. I absolutely love these presents!!! This card covers a number of challenges...
Free 4 All - (the new "Limited Supplies" Challenge at Splitcoast) wanted a card which had texture, at least ONE colour that you don't usually use and designer paper if desired. I hardly ever use Elegant Eggplant and haven't used Handsome Hunter in a very long time. I put the pieces through my Big Shot with the Finial Press and then lightly rubbed my White Craft pad over top of the paper.
Friday Sketchers provided the sketch.
Simon Says Challenge wanted Vintage with Flowers and
Stamp Something wanted Patterned paper, buttons and ribbon.


My second card uses the sketch challenge from Splitcoast this week except tipped on it's end......I wanted the En Francais to come out written in the correct direction. The colours are from the Colour Throw Down this week.







Well....I hope you are having a restful Sunday. Blessings!! Joan

8 comments:

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful cards Joan!
I can't remember the last time I used hunter either! I love the look of it with the purple...stunning card!

fab vintage card too!
Enjoy your Sunday!
blessings, Maria

Allison Rankin said...

Grr! I lost my comment!

Anyway, love your purple-y creations! My fav is the one with the vintage images! And there are whole reams of CS in my life that go untouched!

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful coloring on that first one!!

Broni said...

Cool combination of challenges!! Thanks for playing the Throwdown with us!

Sandie said...

Beautiful cards. Stunning colouring

Kristin Eberline said...

Beautiful vintage, yet silly CTD card :] Love the antique look you achieved.

Thanks for playing the CTD!!

Debi said...

Lovely job on these cards. Thank you for playing along with the Color Throwdown.

Timcso said...

Your card are beautiful! Love the colour combination! Gorgeous the papers and the image!:)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge!

Hugs, Tímea