Thursday, February 18, 2010

Tiffany and Giraffe

This lamp image, from Sugar Creek Hollow, was a favorite as soon as I saw it. I knew I wanted to colour it similar to a Tiffany Lamp, and I knew I wanted to cover it with Crystal Effects in order to make it more glasslike. I actually have two layers on the lamp to give it more dimension. You can't tell in the photo because it's so subtle, but I have lightly sponged the "white" section with the blue and pink...just enough to take away the starkness of the white. I coloured two of the little flowers from my Pretties Kit with the matching ink and also coloured three of the centers so they would alternate. I apologize that I do not know where the "frame" around the lamp comes from. I got a set of them from a Devine Secret Sister - I do like them.

My second card works with two challenges - The Ways to Use It Challenge on SCS was to use orange on our card....I used Pumpkin Pie and
Only Orange. The sketch is from over at Our Creative Corner Sketch Challenge. I left any sentiment off of the card so that I could use it for either a birthday or even a congratulations for a baby. Three of the giraffes have been done with white embossing powder. The central giraffe was stamped onto Only Orange paper with Versa Mark and then embossed with clear embossing powder. I coloured in her spots with a white gel pen and tied the ribbon around her neck.

I hope you are having a good evening. Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Ohhhh, love the glass effect on the lamp!

Lisa G. said...

both great cards!

Deb Neerman said...

These are just fabulous, Joan!

Andrea, said...

2 gorgeous cards Joan, I love the shine on the lampshade and the little giraffe is so cute.
Have a wonderful weekend

Chrissie said...

Hi Joan,
The effect you have created with that lampshade is amazing!It really pops off the card. What insight to have thought of that technique!
Chrissie

Teresa Kline said...

wow, these are both super sweet, great job...have a fabulous weekend!

enjoy *~*

Tracy Vinson said...

Joan, your lamp image is just to pretty for words. You totally outdid yourself on this one!

Joseline said...

I just love what you did with the lamp shade. Beautiful work Joan!!

Kathy Jones said...

WOW, love your 'glass' effect card and how you've used the ribbon on the frame! The second is so cute - I struggle with orange, but you rocked it!!

MiamiKel said...

Wow, what a beauty! So creative!

Donna Moore said...

beautifully done! I love the glass effect on the lamp shade!

Cassie said...

i saw the lamp card on the dt blog and was just in love with it right away! it looks just like a tiffany lamp! your giraffe one is cute too!

Cheri said...

I love the shine on the lamp! That was one of the first things I thought of when I saw that image, too!

Laurel said...

Great cards! your OCC card is so adorable, thanks for playing!

Rose said...

both are fantastic! luv the lamp and the OCC one is too cute :)
thanks for joining us on the OCC Sketch Challenge this week :)

Jennifer Stricker said...

Both of these cards are beautiful. Just perfect. Thank you for playing with OCCSC this week. Hope you join us again.

Gloria Stengel said...

Ok, love them both. I could not pick a fav! Thanks for playing along at OCC this week!

Lisa said...

Beautiful pieces! That giraffe image is so cute! Thanks for joining us at OCCSC!