Saturday, February 13, 2010

A Day of Triples

I think Saturday has got to be my favorite challenge day on Splitcoast. I love the sketch and colour challeges because the stretch me sometimes. But on Saturday, I anticipate which website is going to be the headliner for the challenge of inspiration - and whether it will be art, clothing, or food.
This week I visited Etsy's Geninne's Art Store. There were so many wonderful bird pieces to choose from but these three caught my eye right away. If I was more of an artist I'd have worked with these two-step punch birds a bit more so they did their "cousins" proud. I am happy with the way the card turned out though - except for the glistening glue spots. I've also used the sketch for this past week from Splitcoast on this card and the Ways to Use It Challenge which was to use an odd number
of things on your card; whether it was images or embellishments.

For my second card I used this week's Colour Throw Down
which was Blush Blossom, Sage Shadow, and Riding Hood Red. I've used the SCS sketch again but flipped it on it's side.

I should really try to get some school work done tomorrow - report cards are going to be coming out again soon. I can always reward myself with more stamping if I work hard.
Blessed Sunday to you all - thanks for stopping by -

7 comments:

Barbara said...

Very pretty! Great take on both challenges! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

Stef H said...

absolutely gorgeous. always makes me smile!

happy valentine's day!

Andrea, said...

Wonderful cards Joan, the birds are gorgeous

Carolyn King said...

adorable...love your birdie card!

LeAnne said...

Both cards are great! Love that SCS sketch---it is one of my favorites! We are so glad you could use the CTD colors and play with us this week!

Deb Neerman said...

Sooooo pretty, Joan!

Debi said...

Lovely job on using the colors! Thank you for playing along with the Color Throwdown challenge.