Monday, February 22, 2010

Busy Sunday

I was able to get quite a bit of stamping done yesterday so I was able to knock off a number of challenges.

This Faith card is for last weeks' Sketch Challenge on Splitcoast as well as the Colour Throw Down. The Colours were pale green, rust and burgundy. I realize now that I should have added some ink around the edges of the flower and the smaller letters. I can add it to the flower - but the letters will have to stay.

The teapot flowerpot is a free image this last week from Delightful Inspiration. I wanted to try
different colours for the flowers so ended up putting all three on the card - creating little doilies for them to sit on with my scallop oval punch. I've pierced the paper around the edges but it's hard to see.

The third is created for the Inspiration Challenge on Splitcoast Saturday from Lark. I have the thumbnail shown - they were cute little felt sparrows. I brightened them up a bit and was able to use some flower shaped brads that I've had for YEARS and forgotten about. The background for each bird is spritzed with the colours I used. The sketch for this card is from Sweet Stop. Over at Stamp Something they wanted you to make something with a "Touch of Spring", and the Corrosive Challenge this week is to use "Things with Wings".

Thank you for stopping by - I don't usually do two posts in one day - but I wanted to get these ones on. Hope your Monday is marvelous...


6 comments:

Stef H said...

these are all spectacular. i like how u did the teapots but i just love the birds!

Denise Marzec said...

Love the doilies under the teapots!

Joseline said...

All your cards are so pretty Joan! I love the colors, designs and images!! Great job!

Anonymous said...

WOW!! All of your creations are so pretty!! Love the Spring colors and images! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamp Something this week!! HUGs

Joan Ottevanger said...

Love your card thanks for playing with us Corrosive challenges

Faith S. said...

Beautiful cards!! I love card with the birds-very unique! That's such a beautiful verse on the first card, and I love what you did with the teapot!