Sunday, February 21, 2010

Tea and Posies

Good Morning - anyone ready for a cup of tea?
I like this cup and saucer from Sugar Creek Hollow. I printed it onto glossy paper (photo paper) so that I could use the crayon resist technique on it....that's how I created the swatches of white within the cup. To make the centres of the flowers I dabbed each of my silver brads into my Versa Mark pad, then dipped them into white embossing powder and heated them to solidify. I really like how this turned out.

Challenges for this card....
SCS Colour Challenge - Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Soft Suede
SCS Limited Supply Challenge - Ribbon and Trim
Saturday Spotlight Challenge- Making your creation "Messy" by distressing the paper - tearing - etc.

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have time to settle with a cup of tea - especially with a friend.

5 comments:

Stef H said...

do u have scones to go with the tea? i'm on my way - lol.

but i'd hate to muss up such a gorgeous cup!

hugs ♥

Darlene said...

This creation is beautiful!! Great idea and wonderful job on the technique!! Thanks for inspiration!! Thanks for joining us at Saturday Spotlight. Hope to see you again next challenge. And, if you are interested, I have blog candy up for grabs on MY BLOG. Feel free to pop over and check it out!!

Tracy Vinson said...

Lovely Card Joan.

Anonymous said...

Oh so stunning!! What an elegant design!! LOVE your sponging with the image!! So gorgeous details!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Saturday Spotlight this week!! HUGS

Kelly Schelske said...

Very pretty, love the textures!