Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bunny Bees

I was very excited to be able to participate whole hog in the Simon Says Challenge this week. It's a recipe challenge showcasing Stampabilities stamps, 3 embellishments, 2 patterned papers and 1 image. I was lucky enough to receive a couple of Happy Hopper images in a Birthday Card I got in the mail this month from Patricia Rose. To be absolutely honest, I was so afraid to start colouring them because I think they are so gosh darn cute that I didn't want to wreck them!! But I took the plunge - I desperately needed a diversion tonight.

So, my card has two prints - one piece from Kaleidoscope and one from Flock Together. My three different embellishments are ribbon, brads and hardware. My daughter and I had a discussion and decided that glitter isn't necessarily an embellishment...however, it is a must for wings. I took a piece of Hodgepodge Hardware, rubbed it in my versamark pad and doused it with black embossing powder in order to make it "match" better.

I am now off to do a wee bit of blogging and then to bed. I received news this afternoon that my stepmother is in the hospital and not doing very well AT ALL and not expected to last much longer. Prayers would be greatly appreciated....and thank you!
Thanks for dropping by,

2 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

Tooooooooooo cute, Joan! Love those brads on the antennae!

So sorry to hear about your stepmom ... she'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

Martine said...

ooo this is sooo pretty, gorgeous papers, image and embellies, thanks so much for joining in with this weeks Simon Says Challenge, good luck :)


Just a little reminder, if you are taking part in this weeks Simon Says Challenge Blog Hop, please remember to post a link to this card in each DT members blog if you wish to be entered to win the Grand Prize


Also just want to say i am so sorry to hear about your step mum, sending lots of cuddles your way, you and your mum are in my thoughts and prayers


xx

Martine