Monday, February 1, 2010

Mojo All in White

While I was jumping around in Blog Land Monday, I came across a mostly white card made by Kim over at "From My Stamp Room" - She had completed the "Mostly White Challenge" from Squigglefly. I have always wanted to try an all white card - so I did.

I used two different embossing dies for the Big Shot to add texture; came across some white "fancy" paper that I hadn't used in a long time, and cut out the awesome little butterflies. I created their bodies by using Tombow Glue and Dazzling Diamonds. I embossed one of the Vintage Labels onto the fancy white paper using white embossing powder. The tiny bit of "colour" is from a piece of Kraft ribbon and although you can't see it, there is a piece of Organdy white ribbon also.

I'm happy with the result and will want to get some more embossing dies so that I can do it again. Oh - And to top it all off - I used the sketch from Mojo Monday. I've had a happy happy evening.

Thanks for dropping by -

6 comments:

Anne said...

A beautiful card, thanks for playing along with Squigglefly
Anne x

Holly Young said...

Lovely and elegant!

Deb Neerman said...

WoW, Joan, this is just gorgeous!

Joanne Gilch said...

Love how you found all different textures to formalize this card. All white can be elegant and you nailed it!

Maria Matter said...

oh BRAVO Joan, what a gorgeous white card!
I'm so glad you played along with our white challenge!!!
Blessings, Maria

ellepaulette said...

You did a wonderful job making this lovely white card! That is a challenge!! :)