Monday, June 18, 2012

Biking with my Friend


I'm so excited.....there's a new challenge blog and I've been asked to be on the design team...I was absolutely thrilled to be invited.  The blog is Sunday Stamps and the creator is the talented Holly Endress from HollyBeary Creations.  Each week will alternate between sketch and colour challenges....which are two of my favourite challenges to do!

Here is this week's sketch challenge.  I love it 'cause you can incorporate a lot of different shapes....although I stuck with circles for today.

For my creation I've pulled out some more new toys.  I'm loving the "Finishing Touches Edgelit".  I like punches - but these edgeless are SOOOO much easier and remove the need to line up holes.  I've also used one of the doilies from the "Delicate Doilies Sizzlit".  The base of the card has been embossed with the new Argyle Folder. 

I used the marker right on the bike from "Moving Forward".  Because the sentiment was at the bottom of the stamp I didn't add one with a tag - so I added a bow instead.  Like I said - it's a sketch you can tweak in a number of ways.

Try it out and link your creation to Sunday Stamps - and see what the other members of the design team  have created for inspiration.

Thanks for stopping by - Hope you're having a great start to your week.
Joan

3 comments:

Monica Hornof said...

What a sweet card. I love the bike image. I look forwrad to working with you too :)

Hayley Kew said...

Very cute card. I love the stamped image as well as the dies you used. Excellent colour combo :) Looking forward to seeing you project each week!

hollybeary creations said...

That bicycle image came out so cute with those papers you used.. I love the fun colors! Looking forward to working with you at Sunday Stamps.