Monday, June 25, 2012

Christmas Mittens


I pulled out one of my new Christmas sets for the Merry Monday Challenge this week - Chock Full of Cheer.  I love the little mittens that come with it - I used markers directly on the stamp to give the two tones on the middle mitten. The sentiment is included in this set too; as you can see below.  I've used the new "Be of Good Cheer" DSP - I love that this series has straight red and green traditional Christmas colours - this stamp set co-ordinates with the paper perfectly.




Seems a bit funny that the first post I have after changing my banner to something bright and summery  is a Christmas card.  Ah well.

I'm hoping that my son gets to come home today.  They've been camping in the mountains over the weekend and the highway has been closed due to flooding.  He's a bit concerned about getting stuck in traffic for an endless amount of time and not being near anywhere to warm up a bottle for Elliot.  So - any thoughts and prayers would be appreciated.  

Hope you experience safe travels this week.  Thanks for visiting here for a bit.
Joan

4 comments:

LeAnne said...

Aw, sweet card--love those little mittens! Hope your son gets home safe & sound! Thanks for playing with the Merry Monday sketch this week!

Wendy said...

Awesome card, Joan! I love the set and papers you used for this! Those little mittens are so adorable! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)
PS. Thoughts & prayers for your son....hope they make it home ok!!

Notes by Nina said...

Very nice card, love the mittens and all that fabulous texture. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Bonnie said...

These mittens are so sweet, Joan, and I love the 2-toned sentiment! Great choice of paper and embossing too! Glad you joined us at Merry Monday this week.