Sunday, June 17, 2012

Monster Birthday Wishes

I finally got this stamp set put together.  I think I was dreading all the little pieces....but I sure did enjoy using it!  Sometimes I wonder what makes me gravitate towards sets each day.  

Today I've used the two challenges -
  1. Make a project using the " Paper Piecing " technique.
  2. Or Make a project using " Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight &; Pool Party ".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a " Paper Piecing Project using the above colours."
I found some papers that had Pool Party and Daffodil Delight for the paper piecing and then once I had stamped the Razzleberry monster I put him through the Big Shot with the new embossing folder so he's textured.  All three of the monsters are raised with dimensionals on the "landscape" I created with sponge daubers and torn paper.  All those tiny little limbs are going to be a danger though - the little Razzleberry guy already has a broken leg.  He was attached to the paper, I turned to do something and suddenly noticed his leg was broken - It's been reattached with TomBow glue.  Maybe that's why he has such a pained look on his face waving his friends down for help!

The sketch is from Freshly Made Sketches - quick and easy to use!

Well, I hope you are having a wonderful day celebrating Father's Day.  
Thanks for Stopping by!
Joan




8 comments:

Tui Nathan said...

What an awesome card Joan ... I love these lil alien creatures all dressed up in pretty paper ... your sponging effect is great too!
Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Linda Suarez said...

Those paper-pieced monsters are great Joan! What a fun card! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tara Bourgoin said...

Love your paper-pieced monsters! They are too cute. The embossing on the Razzleberry guy is wonderful... and he does look a bit pained! haha... His friends look like decent guys though and will probably help out ;)

Thanks for sharing with us at The Friday Mashup!

Jen Brum said...

Love the monsters! They are so cute! I have been eyeing that stamp set up for a while! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Allisa said...

Love your little monsters! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Heidi Baks said...

This is flipping adorable!

Unknown said...

Good grief, this is so stinkin' cute! Thanks for joining The Friday Mashup.
Sheri (guest designer)

hollybeary creations said...

Love this.. How cute are these monsters! Great card for kids or any kid at heart! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.