Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Double Stamped Watercolour

I stumbled on something new today - well, new for me.  I was working on two challenges - Freshly Made Sketches and colours from Stampin' Royalty....Pool Party, Island Indigo, Old Olive and More Mustard.

I selected an image from Serene Silhouettes and pulled out some watercolour paper.  I coloured the stamp using Markers and then wet the watercolour paper before I stamped the image.  I spritzed the paper with water, but I also rubbed it around with my fingers (which miraculously didn't have any ink on them!).  I didn't want water to be pooling on the paper.  I stamped the image and, of course, the colours ran - as they should with watercolour paper.  I decided to ink up the image again, use the Stamp-a-ma-jig, and re-stamp overtop of the blurry image.  
I'm sure this is nothing new - but it allowed the image to look sharper.

It's a beautiful Wednesday evening.  Hope you're enjoying the flora and fauna in your little neck of the woods.  Thanks for visiting mine.
Joan


9 comments:

Andrea W said...

It's new to me too. A very beautiful card and a great technique.

Linda Callahan said...

Pretty card - very effective technique!

Ann Schach said...

What a unique technique! I love how it softened the image! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tui Nathan said...

What a great technique and an equally fabulous result ... very pretty indeed!
Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

Jen Timko said...

Oh, this is really pretty used with this stamp! Hmmm, might need to give this one a try! So glad to see you this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Mitchell said...

What a great look. So dreamy! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Sannes said...

What a fun technique, and it works so well with this image. I love the watercolor effect. Wonderful job with this week's sketch!

Shari said...

I like the technique...nice card!

MarvA1ix said...

What a beautiful card, and interesting technique. I had an interesting experience stamping in the high heat and humidity this weekend that the paper was getting actually damp. I was leaving fingerprints all over the place, and colors were bleeding slightly. Next time, I will have to try a wet technique on purpose.