Thursday, June 21, 2012

Tea and Bling


I love cards that have diagonal lines, but I don't think to do them....thank you to Create with Connie and Mary - 'cause this is their sketch for today.

After looking at what the Design Team had created, my mind saw tea cups going across the one band...so out came Tea Shoppe, then I browsed through my DSP and decided on the floral piece from Twitterpated.  When I pulled out the matching colours of card stock, I happened to grab a piece of Baha Breeze that had already been embossed ...yay!  I also decided that the new edgelit was a perfect addition for a tea cup sort of card.

Now - about the bling.  I initially thought ..."I need a small strip of something dark ....Island Indigo....or....use some of the strings of rhinestones.  So that's what I went with.  

A bit over the top perhaps - but the sun is shining beautifully and I'm not teaching this morning so I'm missing track and field - oh gosh darn!!!!  Instead, I get to do something different this afternoon and watch hoop dancers for our FNMI  activity (First Nations/Meti/Inuit).  That I'm looking forward to.

So, all in all - it's 10:15am and the day is going fabulously.  
Hope yours is too - thanks for stopping by!
Joan



7 comments:

Deb said...

Great card, Joan!! I love the tea cups - great idea!! The embossed corner is a great idea, too! Love the bling! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Jen Mitchell said...

Wow, the rhinestone bling really makes this shine! I love the teacups and the pretty DSP. They look great together. Thanks for joining us this week at Create With Connie and Mary!

Anonymous said...

Love this card. It's so cheery.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

The bling and the edging are such a perfect combination with the tea cup! Thanks for playing CCMC this week!

Connie Babbert said...

Love the row of rhinestones to bling up your card! Great! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

Oh just DARLING!!! I love how you did the row of teacups! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie & Mary Thursday Challenge!

Lisa Martz said...

Who doesn't love tea with a little bling? Cute card! Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!