Monday, June 25, 2012

Edgy Leaves

A week or so ago I was inspired by a card created by Nance Lempinen-Leedy over at Canopy Crafts who had been inspired by a card her Mother had made.  I decided to use the "create your own edgelit" technique while doing the challenge for the New Catalogue 2012 Edition from Create with Connie and Mary.

The colours are Cajun Craze, Soft Suede, Summer Starfruit and Pool Party.  I'm pretty impressed with myself that I left all that background untouched.  I can work outside of my box every once in a while.  Of course, to make up for it I've used my share of dimensionals popping up the pieces on the sentiment.  We can't get too carried away!

Hope you find some way to work outside your own box today.  Thanks for coming by to visit.
Joan



7 comments:

Rachel (Australia) said...

Love the leaf edging Joan,very nice.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I have this on my list of "to tries" also. I love the way you arranged the leaves and the clean & simple style. Thanks for playing the Saturday Challenge at Create with Connie & Mary!

Robin Messenheimer / Robin's Craft Room said...

The leaves as edges are oh so pretty - and a great way to show off the three earth tone colors!

Elizabeth Price said...

So I have come back a second time to take a look at your card because I am so intrigued by the gorgeous detail cut edge. It's stunning. Thanks for being a part of this week's color challenge at Connie and Mary. Smiles, Elizabeth

Carrie Sampsel said...

WOW!! This just beautiful!! Love those leaves on the edge. I may have to give this technique a try!! Love it. Thanks for joining our Saturday Challenge.

Connie Babbert said...

Yes! I saw that technique, too, and want to try it...love that edge! Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary New Catalog 2012 Edition!

Mary Brown said...

WOW...I absolutely LOVE how you did the edge of your card! Absolutely OUTSTANDING!!! Thanks for playing along with the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday New Catalog Edition Challenge!