Monday, June 11, 2012

A Bird, A Butterfly.....and a Snowman


Today I've used the Mojo Monday sketch along with the colours from the Paper Players....Lucky Limeade, Melon Mambo and Basic Grey.  I love when I find challenges that challenge me to use things I rarely use - like Melon Mambo.  I like the colour 'cause it's so bright, but I'm not really a pink person so I tend to neglect it.

After I inked the summer image from "Four Seasons", I spritzed it with water to change it up a bit.  You can barely see the spritz marks in the photo.  I love how this set has a tiny image to go along with the scallop image for each season.


On Saturday, at our Extravaganza, I demonstrated the embossing resist technique after having coloured an image.  This is the little guy I used for my demonstration - I hadn't had anything to add him to.  But...today I remembered that Lesley Croghan - Always Playing with Paper is now hosting a Merry Monday Challenge helping us get a head start on cards for Christmas.  Yay!!!

I'm starting to count down the days with kids.....there are shockingly few!
Hope you have something fun/exciting to count down to.
Thanks for stopping by,
Joan

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Super sweet Christmas card! I just love that snowman & your papers!
Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday's! :)

Narelle Farrugia said...

Love this little guy on your gorgeous Christmas card Joan! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

Notes by Nina said...

Very nice card, your snowman is so cute. Love the papers you used, Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Lesley said...

Hi Joan,
I am in countdown mode...only 9 days until Summer...yahoo! Great festive card, loved seeing you come over to play!
Chat soon.
Lesley

LeAnne said...

LOVE your snowman card---colored so nicely, too! Thanks for playing with the Merry Monday challenge this week!

Nance Leedy said...

Great cards Joan--each so different! Love the butterflies stamped on the DSP in the first and the coloring of the snowman is fab in the second! Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

Bonnie said...

That snowman makes me smile, Joan, and that paper is beautiful! Glad you joined us at Merry Monday this week!