Friday, June 8, 2012

Embossed Robin

I have to get ready for a demonstration at our Extravaganza tomorrow.....I decided at the last minute to use the technique I learned yesterday - colouring and then embossing an image so you can sponge around it.  I'll share with you tomorrow the card I'm going to demonstrate - it's not put together yet.

For today's card, I used the Friday Mashup.....using the sketch below and including birds.
I have rarely ever used this bird - and I do like it!  It is stamped with Staz-On on the Newsprint DSP and coloured with ink and an Aquapainter.  You don't notice it in the photo - but the printing still shows through the ink.  Next, I inked the image using a VersaMark Marker and covered it with clear embossing powder.  Then I moved on to sponging extra colours onto the DSP.  

I know you could be really really careful, not emboss the image, and still sponge around it - but this way you don't have to be so careful.  And on a Friday afternoon - that's kinda helpful.

I'm excited about the Extravaganza tomorrow - as always.  Hope you had a fabulous Friday and that you have something exciting to look forward to on the weekend.
Thanks for visiting.
Joan

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice job and lovely, rich colors that you've used here! Thanks for playing at The Friday Mashup!
Sheri (guest designer)

Lisa said...

I really like how this came out Joan, the bird looks fabulous and I love the papers you used.

Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Amy White said...

Love the little greeting stamped in the egg! Works really well with the eggs that you stamped along the strip behind the bird... Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup!

Lili said...

You did a great job with that technique! I love the rich colors you've used. Thanks for playing along with us at the Friday Mashup this week!

Heidi Baks said...

Great coloring! I love that stamp image... I need to pull it out again.