Friday, January 31, 2014

Ombre Butterflies

Good morning - I actually made this card yesterday before I went to school, but I never got around to posting it through the day.

I've created it for the SUO Challenge which was a NO layer card.  I'm actually getting a bit more comfortable with these.  I picked a spectrum of blues for an ombre effect with the butterflies - the top one is popped up with a rhinestone. Rhinestones are scattered around - not something I'm used to doing (scattering!) but I like how it turned out.  I used my markers to colour the sentiment in a opposite ombre to the butterflies…..didn't realize it was opposite until I stamped it though.

Off to school now - still lots of prep for Teacher's convention, but I hope to get some stamping done this afternoon.  
Have a great day, and thanks for stopping by.
Joan

My blue spectrum…..
Soft Sky, Costal Cabana, Pool Party, Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo, Night of Navy, Midnight Muse

5 comments:

Julie Gearinger said...

Oh, I love your ombre butterfly and sentiment card!! The colors are fabulous and the rhinestones are the perfect accent- thanks for playing along with us at the SUO Challenges :-)

Tami Hewlett said...

Oh, I love this card Joan! What a beautiful idea to fade the butterflies!!!

Unknown said...

Joan,
Nice job! Love the use of all our blues..

Connie Babbert said...

Oh, love how you varied the colors to give it more dimension! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with the No Layers SUO Challenge this time!

Pam Staples said...

Gorgeous card! But I'm really partial to butterflies! Thanks for playing along with SUO Challenges.