Monday, January 13, 2014

Reeling in Balloons


Welcome to MDS Monday - this round I'm the host with a scrapbook layout. To be honest, I went to the photo layout portion of the resource palette on MDS for some inspiration.  I don't use that area enough - and it can be a big help.  I've elongated the photo boxes to fill more space. I initially thought I would group the photo boxes  and drop on photo into them - but I ended up catching Elliot reeling in a balloon someone gave him while he was in the trampoline at his birthday party.  They worked perfectly in the slender photo boxes!

 The little stars at the bottom of my sketch can be anything you desire.  I decided to use balloons - to fit the theme of the page.  To create the "shadow" on the balloons, I created a curved line with the Freeform tool, got it the size I wanted, thickened the line size, changed it to white and finally change the opaqueness.

Here is the sketch - have fun with it - and you've gotta check out what the rest of the MDS Monday Design Team has done with their sketches…. AWESOME!

Thanks for visiting - 
Joan

3 comments:

Tami Hewlett said...

Joan, I love the template this week! Your page is darling. I love the idea of using showing a progression of photos.

beth rush said...

Fun Sketch Joan! It was fun to create a page with it! your page is adorable, love the balloons!

Tara Bourgoin said...

Joan, this page is SO awesome. I just love the progression photos (and fab sketch this week!!). Great little balloon accents as well. Such a sweet page. You've inspired me to try this sketch again, my friend :)