Monday, January 6, 2014

Musical Merry

I know, I know….we just finished the season.  But I do love trying to do the Merry Monday Challenges when I can - that way I have ideas for projects in the next season.
The first challenge of this year includes using ribbon or twine on the project.  This set didn't get carried over into the next season - but I will be keeping it because I do love the song.

Hope you are staying warm out there!  Everyone (well mostly) is freezing right now - I may have to pull out a blanket to cover my knees while I'm sitting at my stamping table!

Thanks for stopping by for a brief visit!
Joan

12 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

I love how you used the ribbon here, Joan! Love this stamp too and I am not parting with mine either. ;) Thank you for sharing with us at Merry Monday!!!

Wendy said...

Love this card, Joan! Love the sentiment too and your pretty ribbon treatment! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

Birgit said...

What a lovely card! Very elegant.

Notes by Nina said...

Fabulous card Joan, I love how you used the ribbon and the black and white is very eye catching. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Karren said...

Gorgeous card, Joan. Your music background is a perfect backdrop for your ribbon treatment and beautiful sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

Bonnie said...

What wonderful ribbon treatment, Joan! You've got me singing! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Anonymous said...

Hello fellow Canadian :) Great card!! Love the simplicity of the black and white and the musical notes as your background. Stay warm!!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Love the musical background and how it looks with the layers of ribbon! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!

Cherie said...

I like how you fanned your ribbon out and also used it for the bow. Very eye catching card in black and white.

Aileen said...

Love your musical christmas card. The ribbon is a lovely accent. x

Susan Joyce said...

Great colours Joan, and I love how you created with your ribbon to meet the challenge. We have experienced 44 degrees Celsius yesterday and 45 degrees Celsius today, I think I would like some of your cool here down under. LOL

LeAnne said...

Lovely monochromatic card, Joan! The musical theme is perfect! Thanks for playing with us this week!