Saturday, August 11, 2012

Embossing & Dancing

No - I wasn't dancing while embossing today.  In fact, I was pretty close, on a number of occasions today, to just stop what I was doing and walk away.  I'd be nearly finished something and then there would be a smudge or smear.  I'm shutting the craft room down for the night after this post.

So, here is my first majorly embossed creation using the Dynamic Duos colours - Certainly Celery and Pretty in Pink.   I had a couple of the dry embossed pieces left over from a class. I embossed the Pleasant Poppies on velum with black embossing powder and then coloured in the flowers and stems.

Next is the page for 31 Pages in 31 Days.  I did not keep to Lyssa's colour example today - and I added a circle and flipped the "sketch".  I've had these dance pictures cut and tucked away on my craft table since LAST summer!  When I saw the circles on Lyssa's example today, I decided that it was high time I got something done with them.  I still fought with it, but I think I won in the end.....up until I smudged some of the silver Dazzling Details....and then rectified the situation.

I had fun babysitting Elliot last night.  He spent a good half hour gnawing on his toys.  I just sat and took pictures....poor little guy.  I love the intent look on his face in some of them....here are just a couple to share.




And I'm off - I won't be posting a card tomorrow for Sunday Stamps as our fearless leader is in the midst of moving....but we will be back.  I will most likely post a scrapbook page tomorrow....then I'm headed to Banff for a couple of days.

Hope you've had a day free of smudges and smears!!!
Thanks for visiting.
Joan


5 comments:

Anne Marie Hile said...

Awww, Joan...I hate those days when it seems like every stamp ends up crooked or smeared. You would never tell you were having a bad stampin' day from the looks of your projects though. In fact, from the looks of it...you had some mojo workin'! Love all the embossed detail on your card and the fun banners on your scrapbook page. Elliot does steal the show though with that sweet little baby face. Too cute! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos! :)

Kim S said...

I am glad you persevered because it is a beautiful card! So glad to see you at Dynamic Duos!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Alls well that ends well! Love the variety of texture on your card, especially the vellum panel. Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos.

Melissa said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has days like this! There are some days when I think I add quite a bit of cardstock to my scraps pile because of smudges and smears! The worst is when a card is completely done and a smudge somehow shows up on it! Eeek!
LOVE the contrast on your card...the bold flowers next to the soft flowal embossing! What a neat idea! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

Patrice said...

Beautiful use of the colors - I'd love for you to link up at 52 Card Pickup this week!

http://www.oldbackporch.com/search/label/52%20card%20pickup