Friday, August 10, 2012

Mashup! Forever and Always

Oh how I love black and white cards!  And that's what today's Friday Mashup! involves - including the Bling!
  1. Make a project using " Black N' White Only ."
  2. Or Make a project with " Some Bling ".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a " Black N' White Project with some Bling! "

I've used Everything Eleanor and fussy cut the "mat" and the flowers; so everything is popped up with dimensionals.  The rhinestones are in the centres of the flowers.

This is today's "31 Pages in 31 Days" sketch by Lyssa Zwolanek.  I knew when I saw the little squares that I should use some of my old photos - of me - when photographs were square and matted and black and white.  I thought of cutting off the white edges of the photos, but because they have their rough edges, I thought they sort of added something.
These two people, my paternal grandparents, meant the absolute world to me.  They raised me in more ways than my parents did.  

Lyssa's example is done in Baja Breeze, Riding Hood Red and Daffodil Delight.  I changed out the Daffodil for Basic Grey and the Riding Hood Red for Cherry Cobbler.  I added a little Basic Grey ribbon, and bit of punched lace and some butterflies.  I will scribe something for the circle section but I want it to be perfect.

It has been a wonderfully perfect day so far....two challenges done and my beautiful daughter, Allison, came down to ask if I'd eaten breakfast and would I like her to make some blueberry pancakes for us.  Duh!
Now I'm off to do some shopping - 
Hope your day turns out perfectly!  Thanks for dropping by to visit.
Joan



3 comments:

Tara Bourgoin said...

Gorgeous black and white card, Joan! I just LOVE the flowers! And that scrapbook page is so beautiful. What a nice way of using all those sweet photos!

Thanks for sharing your lovely black and white card with us this week at The Friday Mashup! :)

Heidi Baks said...

I loved that you used Everything Eleanor. So elegant! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Amy White said...

Wow, Everything Eleanor works so well for a black and white card - so elegant! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup this week!