Saturday, August 25, 2012

Totally Scrappin'

Today I'm only posting the last couple of scrapbook pages I've completed for the 31 Pages in 31 Days. I've had some exciting unexpected company and didn't get to any challenge cards today because I was completing these pages......so...

Day 23 was exciting for two reasons.  Lyssa (the inspiration behind the 31 Pages) used an old card front as the base of the page and created these butterflies with waxed paper. It works beautifully for the butterflies.
Lyssa's sketch was pretty vintage, so I hunted up this picture of my one of my Great Grandmothers.
I see now that I'm looking at the card on the post, that it needs something in Pool Party up in the Left corner.....I'll have to work on that!


I've kept the sketch for Day 24 bang on - I've just changed the paper from what Lyssa used and added the tag in the middle so I could journal on it.  She used a card front again - but I just cased her card for this one.  I like the little photo corners that she created - I wouldn't have thought to distress them and then layer them.  Glad I kept that punch though!

Finally, for Day 25, Allison gets another Dance page finished.  She had started scrapping her pictures quite a few years ago and has now asked me to redo them - they were very plain and neither one of us knew what we were doing at the time.  
Subsequently, I had to dig up some old Green Galore because the pictures had already been matted in that paper since it went perfectly with the costumes.  I was even lucky enough to find some DSP in Green Galore.  The "Best Friends" is a sticker that Allison added to the first page.
The sketch is close to the one that Lyssa had for today- hers was a challenge including DSP, ribbon, a Big Shot Die and Fabric....

Well  - I'm off to play hostess.  Dinner has grown to include 8 people.  It should be a fun night.

Hope you have enjoyable company with you this evening - friends, family, pets.....
Thanks for stopping by.
Joan

No comments: