Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Counting Down

I was so busy scrapping yesterday that I missed Merry Monday - This challenge blog is surely going to help me plan the cards for my Christmas Stacks this year!  I held my August Christmas stack last week and the next one is October 27.
I decided to use "Four Seasons" for todays' card along with the Northern Flurry embossing folder.  The little blue bird in the middle is raised up on dimensionals and the only reason that the greeting is punched and raised is that I stamped the greeting after I embossed the paper and it got muddled in with a snowflake.  I'll need to remember that when I do the class!
Thank you ladies for challenging me to Keep it Simple and getting these Christmas cards done ahead of time.  

I'm a bit behind on the 31 Pages in 31 Days - but I will finish on time.  I actually have more than 31 pages done now because of the double spreads...but that doesn't count.  This is actually Day 26.  Lyssa used one of those pieces of DSP that I NEVER use....they don't come in every package, but the ones with the stripes of designs are left alone by me.  So - this pushed me out of my box.  I did go looking through my retired pieces for something to use.  And, in the end, I like how it turned out.  I now have to dig through things to determine when this picture of Allison was taken.  Yikes.

I don't think I can say enough about how excited I am about the MDS2.  I am loving so many features!  Being able to colour stamps easily with multiple colours ROCKS, being able to make words fit a shape ROCKS...it all just ROCKS!
If you're at all interested in seeing what I'm so excited about - you can download the MDS2 FREE for 30 days by going to my website.

Well - I'd better get going to school.  It's a bit later than I wanted, but if I stay focused I can get a lot done, come home and do more scrappin'
Hope your day is full of good plans - that pan out!
Thanks for stopping by.
Joan

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful Christmas card, Joan! Love that image with the sweet little bird, your embossing and pretty ribbon!
Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

Beth Beard said...

Gorgeous card...the embossing, rhinestones..I love it all.

Narelle Farrugia said...

Love these colours together for Christmas Joan - such an elegant combination! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

Notes by Nina said...

Beautiful card Joan, I love all the sparkle. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

Bonnie said...

I love how you mixed the light and dark blue on this pretty card, Joan! Very pretty! Thanks for sharing with us this week at Merry Monday!

Lesley said...

Great colours Joan! So pretty! And that ribbon is awesome. Have a great first week back!!!
Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday!
Lesley