Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Season of Sweets and Beyond


This week's challenge over at Hand Stamped Sentiments is "Anything But a Card"...and while my last project is a card, the rest of the projects are not.  My goal today was to use some of the new products from the Holiday Catalogue.  I was reminded at Convention, by Bonnie Thurber, to show ideas to do with various products outside of what they are "suppose" to be used for.

All of my projects are based on the little envelopes included in the Season of Sweets Designer Kit.  For the project shown above, I used the envelope as a little frame, tucking Elliot's picture inside and decorating the outside.  

To ensure the "frame" stays standing, I added an "anchor" using the Modern Label punch.

Next, I created a scrapbook page using the envelope as a frame again, but adhering it to the page.  (That's Elliot's father, Grant, at his second Christmas.)  I stamped snowflakes from Snowflake Soiree, and used the Snow Flurry  Big Shot die to create the snowflakes with Very Vanilla Cardstock and the Champagne Glimmer Paper.

Finally, I used the envelope as the base of a card.  I covered the inside with card stock and created a belly band to keep it shut using a strip of the die cut elements from the Design Kit; including the little holly leaves and berries.  The berries are covered with Cherry Cobbler Dazzling Details to add a bit of bling.


I'm on a roll here - so I'm off to play some more.  Thanks for stopping to visit.
Joan

7 comments:

Diane Vander Galien said...

WOW!!! Great use of the designer kit!!! Great color layers!! Love the great ideas!!! Thanks for playing along with Hand Stamped Sentiments, Diane

Erika Clark said...

Lovely projects! I love the little stand for the layout, it's great to be able to admire it all the time :O) Very creative! Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments! Erika

Elizabeth Price said...

Oh Joan these are all super awesome. The first easel frame of the beautiful baby is amazing. I am so glad you shared a side view. Thanks for being a part of this week's challenge at Hand Stamped Sentiments. Smiles, Elizabeth

Britta Ward said...

This is such a clever idea! Love your little frame especially!

Krista said...

Way to think outside the box! Very cute frame and then added to a page....very clever! Cute kiddo, too! Thanks for joining us at HSS!

Bobbie said...

I love this! I would have never thought of using the envelop, thank you for sharing your convention tips. Thanks for playing with us at HSS.

inkedx2 said...

I love your photo using the envelopes from the designer kit. Super cute idea and what a great way to show another use for these. Thanks so much for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

Robbie