Thursday, August 9, 2012

Fishy Fishy...

I am a whole lot later posting this than I expected to be....and I have two scrapbook pages to share - but I didn't like the lighting in my stamping room tonight - so I'll re-photo them tomorrow and post them then.

This little silver fish is part of two challenges; the sketch is from Freshly Made Sketches and the colours come from an Inspiration challenge over at Stampin' Royalty.

The base of the card has been "scored" with the diagonal plate and embossing folders were used for the large turquoise piece, the fish and one of the little banners.  I've used the wing from the bird punch to create all of his little fins sponging the edges with white craft ink.

It's been a very busy day - I got a lot accomplished...and now I'm off to bed.
I hope your week has been productive in the areas you want - thanks for dropping by!
Joan

8 comments:

Allisa said...

Love the papers you used for your fish, too cute! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Jen Brum said...

What a sweet fish Joan! Great card idea! I may need to case that fish!!! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Suarez said...

Hi Joan! Sweet card! What a cute fish and such a pretty color! Thanks for playing with us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Shari said...

I saw this on the Stamping Royalty site, and thought it was so cute!

Cindy Hall said...

Oh my gosh! How creative and adorable! I love your choice of textures and papers to compliment your fish. Very well done! Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Tui Nathan said...

Wow ... this is amazing and oh so creative ... love the colour pallette ... great job!
Thanks for joining us at Freshly made Sketches!!!

Ann Schach said...

Wow, Joan! This is so creative! You nailed the inspiration perfectly! I love all the texture and the silver fish! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

Georgeann Manning said...

You always make such lovely projects!! Love your clever use of textures and patterns! Thanks for playing along with us for this weeks Stampin' Royalty Challenge