Thursday, August 9, 2012

All caught up.....for now

Today's main feature is a sketch challenge from Create with Connie and Mary.  And look at me...another clean/white card AND I added Pacific Point without it being required.  What's up with that?
I used paper from International Bazaar - cutting the design just to keep it interesting.  For the mat on the "greeting" I traced the outside of the Apothecary Accent framelit and fussy cut it.

Now for my catch up items for the 31 Pages in 31 Days... with Lyssa Zwolanek

Day 7 - I've used the same layout that Lyssa did on her example, and I've used the same package of paper - but I've changed it up to be a "boy" page instead of a girlie page.  I didn't know what sort of "accents" to use so I crumpled up a couple strips of paper, used twine and did some doodling around the pictures that were matted.... although it doesn't really show up in the picture.


When I saw Lyssa's layout and colours for Day 8 I automatically thought of this picture of my dad taken around either Banff or Jasper in the mid to late 60's.  The colours and the images from Nature Walk were perfect.  I also added trees from Lovely as a Tree.  I copied all of Lyssa's elements...right down to distressing the piece of balsa wood that I'll add words to later.

Finally - Day 9's page - TODAY!!!!  Woo Hoo!!!
Again, I kept everything the same as Lyssa's example on this one too except that I added the little snowflakes around the edges.  I guess I've done so many clean cards lately that I need to fill in the empty space on other projects.





That's it for today.  I have some chores to do and then I'm going to go shopping for a toy or two.  We're babysitting Elliot tomorrow night and he's requiring some stabler toys to pull himself up on.
I can't wait.
Hope things are happy and healthy in your corner of the world.
Thanks for visiting
Joan

7 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

Love all the exotic colors and shapes on your card! They're a great take on the sketch challenge! Thanks for joining us at Create With Connie and Mary!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Wow, you've been a busy girl! Great job with the sketch challenge this week! Thanks for playing CCMC!

Melissa Davies said...

Love the way you added the sentiments in the Apothecary Accents! Thanks for playing along this week at Create with Connie & Mary!

Deb said...

What a creative way to use these shapes!! Love all the bright bold colors! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Connie Babbert said...

Love seeing different ways to use that DSP!!! Love it! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

LOVE how you 'fussy cut' around the dsp to give it a cool look! How fun! So many neat looks from that dsp! Thanks for playing along this week in the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

Lisa Martz said...

Great way to just "go" with the DSP you chose...cutting around it. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary Challenge this week!