Saturday, August 4, 2012

Vintage Mashup

I pulled out the new Core'dinations card stock to demonstrate at my Holiday Catalogue Kickoff yesterday and I am loving it.  The card that follows is the one I put together for my Kickoff....but since the paper was out I decided to use it for this weeks' Friday Mashup because they're looking for....
  1. Make a project with a "Stick Pin on it."
  2. Or Make a "Vintage" project.
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Vintage project with a Stick Pin on it."

This Core'dinations card stock and the new Lacy Brocade embossing folder works perfectly for a vintage look.  I also pulled out the Natural Composition Specialty paper.  I took a sponge and rubbed Early Espresso ink onto the paper so that the images popped - reminded me of the specialty paper we had a year or so ago where the images appeared when you sponged ink on.
I used the flowers and medallion from Everything Eleanor...fussy cutting the flowers to layer them for dimension.  It was also good to get into my tin of left over Pretties Kit stuff to create a pin to attach.  The sketch, which is from Stamping 411, helped to pull everything together!


Here is what I created for demonstrating the Core'dination paper yesterday - LOVE IT.  I love the Watercolour Winter set too.  I took a piece of watercolour paper - covered it with water before stamping the pine needles and then the cones.  I stamped off some of the Early Espresso ink for the "inside" image of the pinecone. 

Yesterday afternoon I also created a scrapbook page using two of the left over Snow Festival Design Printed Tags.  I had made up a set of note cards....as per Bonnie Thurber's inspiration from Convention.  This scrapbook page is a total case from Lyssa Griffin Zwolanek - she is doing "31 pages in 31 days" and I'm going to see if I can keep up.  I've been doing a ton of MDS scrapbooking and am falling behind on my paper pages.  I've done two pages with Grant now.....so I'd better do a couple with Allison for the next little bit!

I met with my beautiful friend Tamye Dunbar today - it was so good to see her.  Caught up and enjoyed her company.  We got top notch service too because we were the only ones in the restaurant for quite a while.  
Hope you are enjoying this long weekend......it's a gorgeous one.
Thanks for dropping by for a visit.
Joan

5 comments:

Erika Clark said...

All three are so fabulous! Love what you did with the Designer Naturals paper, and all that fussy cutting on the first card. :)Erika

Heidi Baks said...

Great idea to sponge that specialty paper! Love the stick pin and pearls at the center of the flowers. They work so well together. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Selene Kempton said...

oh my Gosh, this is GORGEOUS! I love your colors and the way you used the sketch this week! Thanks so much for playing along with 411! hugs!

Britta Ward said...

I love the rich colors and textures you sed-can't wait to get my core'dination papers to play with them as well. Thanks for the inspiration!

Tammy said...

Beautiful card!