Saturday, May 24, 2014

So Many Smiles….

Howdy, howdy - hope you're having a fabulous day!  I got one card done for two challenges and have posted two days in a row - so that's pretty good for me…..lately!

The Friday Mashup was to include a tree and embossing - I only have one tree right now.  Thankfully Lovely as a Tree is still around - so so versatile!  The sketch I've used is from Hand Stamped Sentiments.  

I've used paper from the upcoming "Lullaby" DSP and a strip of Mossy Meadow ribbon…which isn't part of the colour scheme for the Lullaby DSP, but it blends well - in person.  Sorry the ribbon looks so dark in the photo.
I stamped the "Petite Pairs" sentiment on one of the Essentials Wooden Elements using the Mossy Meadow ink and "distressing" around the edges of the wood with Hello Honey ink.

Well - I'm off to finish purging under my basement stairs - didn't get done yesterday.  Then I want to get outside to enjoy the FABULOUS sunshine.
Thanks for stopping by,
Joan



8 comments:

Diane Vander Galien said...

Very Pretty!!! Love the color combo!!! Great accents!!! Thanks for playing along with HSS, Diane

Lisa said...

Very pretty Joan, love the papers you used to accent that great tree image!

Thanks so much for joining us at The Friday Mashup!

inkypinkies said...

I love this tree stamp and I love the paper you paired with it! Great job with the sketch. Thanks for playing at HSS! Erika

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Lovely card, Joan- the colors are so serene but invigorating, too. Love how you used the wood accent as a design element. TFS this awesome card with the Friday Mashup!

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

Joan, great card that focuses on your tree. Love the colors you used together to create a soft look and feel. Thanks for playing with us at the Friday Mashup.
Sara

hollybeary creations said...

Great use of the sketch.. I love your tree Joan. Such a fun card. Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup.

Stampin by Genny said...

I love the color combination! This would also make a great masculine card. So many pretty details! Thank you for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

brrenwick said...

What a great card! I love added embellishments and colors! Thanks for playing along with us at HSS!