Saturday, February 16, 2013

Only One You

Woo Hoo - Happy Saturday beginning of a long weekend!  I am so looking forward to this!  Nothing planned - but I'm hoping to get various types of crafting done.

So - first off is a completed card for the Friday MashUp challenge.  I'm aiming for a card for next months' Technique Class.....I'm going to be doing the Kissing Techniqiue - but I'm NOT going to be expecting everyone to colour in the plaid with their markers!  We'll have a plain coloured little piggy for that.  But, for this challenge, I used the markers to colour in the different stripes of plaid and then kissed the pig to it.  I was thrilled to find the "There's only One You" sentiment - because it was so fitting - and therefore I decided to mask some piggy friends in the background.  I love how the Tangerine guy has wonky eyes!  There's one in every crowd!

The sketch for the card is from Freshly Made Sketches.

So - here is the challenge - I love doing Friday Mashups - I've missed a number, but they're always fun!  Have a fantastic day - thanks for taking the time to stop by.
Joan
  1. Make a project "using your Markers (thumping,Color Spritzing,Coloring etc.)".
  2. Or Make a project with "Texture".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project with "Texture using your Markers".




7 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

So much to love here - the pig with the wonky eyes and the wonderfully colorful plaid pig, to name a couple! Such a fun card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Valentine said...

What a funny card! Those pigs are wonderful!

Heidi Baks said...

Cute! A great image for kissing (wasn't there a saying about a pig, lipstick, kissing? hmmm). My daughter loved your card; she's a big pig fan. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week.

Tara Bourgoin said...

Ok - I don't get it?! How did you get the plaid on there? That's SO fabulous! Super sentiment for this card as well :) Glad to see you at The Friday Mashup!

Tara Bourgoin said...

Ok - I don't get it?! How did you get the plaid on there? That's SO fabulous! Super sentiment for this card as well :) Glad to see you at The Friday Mashup!

Tara Bourgoin said...

Ok - I don't get it?! How did you get the plaid on there? That's SO fabulous! Super sentiment for this card as well :) Glad to see you at The Friday Mashup!

Jen Timko said...

Ok, that little plaid pig is just too cute!! And the funny eyes...hilarious! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!