Holly has a great sketch for us this week at MDS Monday and along with the sketch we're asking you to give the "torn paper" technique a try. HERE is a link to the Stampin'Up! tutorial on how to add ripped photo edges. I've used the technique around the edges of my photos. I happened across a fun "discovery" while creating this page. I had initially started with a DSP background, but when I made my "discovery" I changed everything completely.
I've used overlays plenty of times and thought I would put an overlay onto my original background, but when I recoloured it, I discovered that it looked exactly like mud. Since we were walking on the ocean floor - in this gorgeous New Brunswick mud....it worked perfectly just to leave it on the top of the page....once I had the "mud" placed, I really didn't want to add any more "embellishments". :)
Here's the sketch!
When you play along with us please remember:
- In your blog post you must mention that you are playing along with MDS Monday - we'd love it if you went one step further and linked back to the challenge blog and posted our challenge photo!
- Your project must be new and not posted prior to the MDS Monday challenge date.
- Enter as many times as you like!
- When linking your entry, please link directly to your blog post, not your entire blog.
- Entries must be in by 11:59pm EST the following Friday (that means you have 12 full days to enter!)
- Have fun!
Thanks for stopping by!
Hope your day is either digital or inky!