Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thanks Giraffe

Happy Thursday - Today's sketch is from Splitcoast Stampers and the colors come from Create Ink. ( Pool Party,  Not Quite Navy, So Saffron)  You should go over to their blog to see what the DT has created this week - they're spectacular.

I've stayed on the edge of plain today again..... I had all the layers put together, except for the giraffe - and I just couldn't help putting the whole thing through the Big Shot with the Polka Dot embossing folder - I just couldn't take the flat paper today.  I did have to deviate a bit from the Create Ink colours in order to darken up the giraffe's spots - I touched them a bit with Soft Suede.  The grass is a combination of the Not Quite Navy and the So Saffron.

I hoping to get some workshop planning done today and some pictures copied.  However, I can be so easily distracted these days that we'll just have to see what the day holds!

If you have a list of jobs to do for today, I hope you get most of them done!  Thanks for taking time to stop by for a visit.
Joan

2 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

What a great take on the color challenge! Thanks for joining us at the ColorLab!

Juanita Golson said...

Love the border on the tag. Lovely card. Thanks for joining us at ColorLab.