Friday, August 26, 2011

Halloween Webs & Pumpkins

Oh I had fun this morning with this creation.  It's for today's Friday Mashup! 
  • Create a card using Lesley's sketch  OR
  • Create a card using dry embossing  OR
  • Mash the sketch and the dry embossing together on one card
I LOVE using my embossing folders so that was easy, and Lesley's sketch was easy to work with too!  Once I decided to create a Halloween card, I used the Spider Web embossing folder - but the "busy" part of the raised web was in the "wrong" corner for the sketch - so I turned the paper over, saw the valley's and thought - Dazzling Details!!!!  I tried doing the same thing with Two-Way Glue and Dazzling Diamonds, but I didn't get the same effect.   I did think ahead and placed the matting on the paper so I knew where I DIDN'T have to put the Dazzling Details.

Last night I created a paper pumpkin for display at my Open House tomorrow, and thought a little stick-out pumpkin would be perfect for this card too - so I took the smallest oval punch and punched 6 pieces using some left over embossed "matting";   folded them in half and glued them together using TomBow Glue.  I left the pumpkin "open" so I could use that flat area to attach it to the card.   For the leaves and runners I used the leaves from the Bird Builder punch (omiting all but the bottom leaf) and used a skewer to roll the "stem" and, again, attached them with TomBow.
It's been a productive morning - I'm anticipating more of the same for the rest of the day.  Hope things are working out for you on this fabulous Friday!  Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Hi Joan! I LOVED heading over to the Friday Mashup blog and seeing you posted a Halloween card! That webbing looks fantastic and what a great idea with the pumpkin, I am going to have to remember that. Great job as always!

I'm so glad you play along with us at The Friday Mashup!

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Joan this is so gorgeous, I love all that glittery detail on the embossed spider web.

Not sure what dazzling details is (new product?) I have used Crystal effects loaded with Dazzling diamonds in a very small plastic bottle with a tiny hole cut in a nozzle to put a thin line of diamonds right where I want it. Works well but does take some time to dry!

Back to your card...Love the pumpkin too. Very creative.
Thanks for playing in our challenge again this week, it's so lovely to see what you come up with each challenge.
Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

hollybeary creations said...

This came out great! Great way to use that new Dazzling Details glue. I really like that cute little pumpkin you made. Thanks for joining us this week at the Friday Mashup! Can't wait to see what you create next month as our Guest Designer!

Lesley said...

Okay Joan! This card ROCKS! First of all that pumpkin is cool! (will be making those with my Grade 1's) and the glittered up embossing folder is AWESOME!!! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.
Smiles,
Lesley

Julie Marshall said...

Love that spiderweb! What a great idea to flip the embossing over and use the reverse side. Very clever.