Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tri Fold Nature Walk

Today, over at Hand Stamped Sentiments, they've laid down the challenge for fancy fold cards - I don't think I've ever actually finished one of these Tri Fold Shutter Cards - but I'm relatively happy with the way this one turned out.  Lots of little pieces depending on the sections you want to highlight.  It's interesting to look through the gallery on Splitcoast for this type of card  - just to see the different ways that people have place their papers and what they've done to embellish their creation.
AND, over at Hand Stamped Sentiments, the DT has a wide variety of fancy folds cards to share for inspiration.

I'm off to the city to do some shopping and then I'm looking forward to having dinner this evening with a few of my former (won't say "old") college roommates.  We've been staying in touch for over 30 years!!!

Hope you have some life long friends to share good times with.
Thanks for stopping by to visit
Joan

5 comments:

Shannon said...

Joan, this is beautiful! The details are amazing. You did a lovely job on this card. The images are perfect with the soft blue tones. Thank you for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments and congrats on your Artist Pick for last week!

Anonymous said...

Joan, I too have been a bit intimidated by this type of card because there are so many panels but you did a beautiful job using one of my favorite stamp sets. The colors and textures you selected are gorgeous together. I love that you created your own patterned paper to coordinate. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

inkedx2 said...

What a beautiful card! Love all the elements you have added. Lots of texture. Thanks for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Robbie

Anonymous said...

Wow!! This card is amazing!! This is my favorite stamp set, yet I always struggle on how to present it. Very creative!! Thank you for participating in HSS!! I can't wait to see more of your creations. Amy L.

Krista said...

WOW!! Very pretty card. I love the softness of the colors and the way it takes you on a little journey. Thank you for sharing your artwork at Hand Stamped Sentiments!