Monday, August 22, 2011
Mojo Die Cuts
I think I may be getting a wee bit of a handle on this "watercolour" technique - I used the glimmer paper for this flower, embossed the image on, used my aquapainter to "paint" water on the paper instead of misting it, and then dropped the re-inker on with the aquapainter....and let it go where it wanted. I'll have to try it with one of the "Fifth Avenue" flowers to see if I've finally got the knack. I have stacked three of these flowers on top of one another - can't really see that in the photo.
I used pieces from the Playful Polka Dots Simply Scrappin' Kit to complete this sketch from Mojo Monday - different borders was the highlight of the day - so I used the ones from the kit as well as the scalloped circle and leaves.
Today I'm spending little snippets of time sorting my husband's music from his Men's Chorus - I gathered 3 bags and one box of music - Sheesh! He hates organizing and I love sorting - so it all works out. We're going to a music reading tonight with a couple of other choir members to see what's new. Just one more thing that gets started up again in the fall.
Hope you're having a wonderful day. Thanks for dropping by. Joan