Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Single Curtain Fold

I've made cards with this Curtain Fold before, but I haven't given instructions for others to follow.  This was the first fancy Designer Series Paper fold I learned and I love how it showcases the paper.

Begin with a piece of DSP cut 5 1/2"x 12"

Mark the paper with a pencil, along the short sides, 1" from the top and bottom as shown above.  Line the pencil marks up with the groove on a paper cutter and cut along the diagonal.  This will give you two pieces to do the curtain fold with.

Next, line up your paper with the long edge at the top of the Simply Scored Scoring tool.  Using the stylus, score your paper at...

1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, 10, 11 inches


Once your paper is scored, begin with the long side and make accordian folds across the strip.
Tack the flaps down with SNAIL to get them to lie flat.  I do this on both sides of the piece.  When I adhere the "curtain" to my card base or mat, I use two lengths of Tear Tape to ensure everything stays in place.

Finally, finish the card the way you want.  There are tons of examples of these cards to help spark your creativity. 

For my card, I used the Perennial Essence DSP and the A Big Thank You stamp set for the greeting; which I embossed in silver to match the silver edge on the ribbon.
That's it for today.  I hope I've inspired you to dig into your DSP and use some of it up on these folds I've been sharing.
Thanks for dropping by
Joan

Perennial Essence DSP - 149100 - $15.75

A Big Thank You - 147377 - $22.00
Simply Scored Tool - 122334 - $41.00


1 comment:

mary noble said...

Thanks for sharing this beautiful card and technique as well as how to do it - this paper is perfect for highlighting the pleats with the silver edging; love it!