Monday, January 13, 2020

Seeing Double Poppies

 I like this little patch of poppies so it's the first stamp element I'm using from the Painted Poppies stamp set that's available in the new Mini Catalogue.  This is a suite that I'm quickly falling in love with.
The poppies were stamped onto Pear Pizzazz paper and then coloured in with Poppy Parade. (Not one of my go to colours.....but that's changing with this suite.)  I took one of the delicious pieces of Peaceful Poppies Designer Series Paper to accent the poppies and added a sentiment from  the Peaceful Moments stamp set.  The tag for the sentiment comes from the framelit included in the Painted Label Dies which is part of the suite also.
 This card is basically the same as above except for a few changes.  Truth be told, it was actually an "Oops" card that got fixed up.  Don't forget - there are no mistakes in stamping, just creative opportunities!

 For the next two cards I used the splatter that's included to give the illusion of colour.  This particular card has been cased from Heidi Collins off of Pinterest.  Hers was the first card I saw with the splatters used to colour in the flowers.  I have changed the design up a bit by using a white base and adding the single poppy stamped multiple times with one accented flower.

 This "duplicate" creation is cased from Amy Koenders.  I liked how she used the small splatter to give an effect of leaves.  I changed it up a bit by adding the little lattice piece at the top and bottom of the focal piece.  I also used the tag again instead of stamping directly onto the card.
Now about this little lattice piece, I love it!  It's just a short little die, but you can add length to it by overlapping the ends to continue the loops.  Easy Peasy!

There is a lot of creative potential using this Peaceful Poppies Suite, so I will be spending the next few posts sharing various projects and elements with you.

Painted Poppies Bundle - 153827 - $71.00

Peaceful Moments - 153824 - $71.00
Peaceful Poppies Suite - 153938 - $186.25



No matter which you select - the bundles or the suites you will qualify to select FREE product from the Sale-a-Brations brochure.  (Spend $60 for a Level One item or $120 for a Level Two item).  See the Sale-a-bration brochure HERE.  From there you can do your shopping.

Hope you are enjoying your day.  Thanks for stopping by.
Joan

No comments: