Sunday, January 19, 2020

Double Curtain Fold DSP

I went looking for card designs which used DSP folded in fancy ways to come up with a series of cards to use for a workshop.  I know people who are hoarding their DSP and I wanted to give them some ways to use it - so they can buy more beautiful DSP.

It took a while to find understandable directions for the Double Curtain folds on the above card.  I finally succeeded at The Way We Stamp with Julie DeGuia.  Below is the diagram Julie has on her site on where to score and how to cut.


I started with a 10"x 5" piece of DSP.   That was an easier cut to make and matched up with the white mat that the folded piece would go onto.  I then used Julie's measurements for scoring along the long side of the paper using the Simply Scored Scoring Tool.  With a pencil I marked my paper at the central points on the long side - 4.5" and 5.5" and did my best to catch the 2 3/16 and 3 3/16" marks along the short sides.  I lined up my pencil marks with the track on my paper trimmer and cut the diagonals.

I started folding at the central point of the long side so that I had the pattern I wanted showing on the "outside".  I used a bone folder to make sure each crease was crisp and also tacked each fold down with SNAIL  adhesive.  When I attached the folded piece to my embossed mat, I used Tear and Tape Adhesive to be sure the folds stayed stuck to the card.   You may find the folded piece hangs over the side edges a bit.  Just be sure that the piece is centered before you adhere it and then snip the excess off the sides. Then, finish up your card any way you want to.

The Designer Series Paper I used for this card is the Lily Impressions which you can get for FREE with your $60 order during Sale-a-Bration.


That's it for today.  I'll be back tomorrow with some more folded DSP
Thanks for dropping by.
Joan

No comments: