Friday, March 20, 2020

Butterfly Hugs

 Today's card is for the Global Design Project challenge this week which is to "CASE the Designer".  I decided to CASE the layout of Connie's card.

I've used a piece of Purple Posy as the base of my card.  What a gentle purple!  The floral strip is from the "B" side of a sheet of Best Dressed DSP.  I don't have any of the Best Dressed Suite, but I did like a lot of the floral designs on the reverse side of the DSP.

The butterflies and sentiment are from Positive Thoughts.  The butterfly colours are pulled from the flowers - Pretty Peacock, Mint Macaron and Blackberry Bliss.  I took a blender pen to pull colour into the centres of the wings.  And, once again, I've used the swirly circle from the Painted Label Dies.
 
I've continued scrapbooking family pictures.  This time I've focused on my husband's family; him and his siblings taken in the summer of 1979.
I'm enjoying using up some of my Stampin'Up! paper that I've been holding onto. And my Big Shot has been getting quite a workout through this whole process.  I am mildly regretting having gotten rid of all my chipboard....but only a bit.

That's it for today.
Stay Calm and Craft On!
Thanks for dropping by,
Joan

Best Dressed DSP - 151319 - $15.75

Painted Label Dies - 151605 - $48.00

Positive Thoughts - 151490 - $29.00

No comments: