Monday, February 17, 2020

Sending Healing Hugs

In how many places do you find inspiration for your creations?  I see people's Stampin'Up! projects on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest.  I was inspired by Christy Gridley the other day and the way she used vellum and the Stitched So Sweetly dies.  I've been a demonstrator for 14 years and have never used vellum with a "tag" - but I will remember to now.

I'm still using the Lily Pad products from Sale-a-Bration, but today I'm letting the Lily Impressions DSP do all the work.  Fab Friday has provided the Sketch; I've just flipped it on it's side.

Flax Ribbon and Grapefruit Grove Grosgrain Ribbon have been used behind the tags. "Sending Healing Hugs" comes from the So Sentimental stamp set from the Mini Catalogue.  For the little lily, I stamped the image in Blackberry Bliss and took my blender pen and swiped the colour up from the base of each petal.  Then I added some Melon Mambo with a blender pen and finally, using a Stampin' Write Marker, I coloured over the lines with Grapefruit Grove.  To top it off, I added some Wink of Stella to the flower but it's hard to notice  it in the photo.

Here is the sketch from Fab Friday

Hope you're enjoying your day.
Thanks for dropping by,
Joan

Lily Impressions DSP - 152284 - FREE with $60 purchase of Stampin'Up! product
Stitched So Sweetly Dies - 151690 - $44.00
So Sentimental - 151691 - $30.00
Lovely Lily Pad - 152288 - FREE with $60 purchase of Stampin'Up! product
Lily Pad Dies - 152315 - FREE with $120 purchase of Stampin'Up! product

1 comment:

Heather said...

So pretty, Joan - this composition really shows off this paper and stamp! You're making the wheels turn for me, lol. Lovely colors! Thanks so much for playing at Fab Friday!