Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Just a Note of Thanks and a Funky Combo

Today's musical card is pretty clean and simple for the colour challenge this week at The Paper Players.  It seemed like an easy enough challenge, but I found I can't just put any pink and red together side by side.  So, I decided to separate them with the black - which is also part of the challenge.  My colours are Cherry Cobbler, Petal Pink, Black and White.

For the sentiment, I took the Tailored Tag and cut it in half before stamping the greeting.  They don't look the same size in the photo but they are.

I had a piece of choral music in my stamp room so I copied some notes from the song.  It's not perfectly playable, but not completely random either.


Talk about colours that do or do not go  together.  I had fun with this card.  I couldn't decide what colours went together with the words  "You Rock!"  I settled on Granny Apple Green and Coastal Cabana.....always a funky combo.
 
The background is the embossing folder from the Power of Hope Bundle which you can earn for FREE by with a $120 purchase during Sale-a-Bration.  I liked the idea of the open swirly circle - it sort of makes it feel like the guitar (which I fussy cut) is vibrating.  The circle is from the Painted Label Dies.  
 
 I have one more music card to share with you next time, and then I'll have used most of the stamps in the Music from the Heart set.

Hope you have a great day.
Thanks for stopping by,
Joan

Music From the Heart - 151674 - $22.00

Tailored Tag - 145667 - $24.00

Power of Hope Bundle - FREE with $120 purchase for Sale-a-Bration
Painted Label Dies - 151605 - $48.00

1 comment:

Stef Perry said...

Fabulous CAS card! The split sentiment is so clever and fun with the sheet music background you created. I'm so glad you shared it with The Paper Players this week! I also loved your second cards, that color combo is awesome and perfect for your rockin` card!