Thursday, January 27, 2011

Vintage Extravaganza Cards

Here are two more cards from our Extravaganza on Saturday.

For the Bliss card I added the distressing around the edges of the mat and the punch. When I got home I decided to add a bit of spritzing with the Early Espresso ....just to add a bit more vintage look to it.

I didn't have the stamp set that was "suppose" to be used for this Vanilla and White card....no one at our table did - so we improvised and used the Bliss set again and "You're a Gem". It worked perfectly. I hadn't used the Chantilly Crocheted trim before and I quite liked it - it's narrower than the Victoria. The tiny little flower is in three layers - which is also something that I don't always remember to do.

I would like to do a similar layout of the Vanilla & Black
card as a wall hanging - it's been done before and I've seen them and liked them. Now that I've done a small one I'll maybe get one done.

The temperatures were amazing here yesterday - +8 and warmer today. Seems so strange since we were freezer and being snowed on last week.....that's life in Alberta though. It was actually raining yesterday morning when my husband went out for bus supervision! Incredible!!!!

Hope you have a Terrific Thursday - Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Marlene said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Now I know where all our mild weather went...and where all this stinkin' SNOW came from!! Gee thanks!