Thursday, January 13, 2011

Linen Butterfly


I know I've been using this "Nature Walk" set quite a bit lately....and I'm not finished with it yet. I'm creating a number of different projects with the set for a display that will be up at our Extravaganza on January 22. I do, however, have to stop making cards, and move on to some different types of projects....this weekend.
I picked this stamp set to feature because I do like it a lot. I'm also doing a short and sweet demo on how to do the Faux Linen technique - so I've been doing a lot of that too!!! For this card, I scratched the glossy paper with sandpaper, and then used craft ink to stamp the butterflies and sealed them with clear embossing powder. Once dry, I sponged the Marina Mist onto the background and dabbed So Saffron onto the butterflies.
The sketch I've used is from Wednesday's Splitcoast Sketch Challenge.
I'm hoping that my son will have our new Mac up and running by the time I get home from school today. That will be the high point of the week for sure!!!!
Hope you have a couple of high points in your life too! Thanks for stopping by for a visit.
Joan
Stamp Set/s - Nature Walk, Thank You Kindly
Paper - Old Olive, So Saffron, Very Vanilla, Glossy White, Botanical Gazette DSP
Ink - Old Olive, Marina Mist, Not Quite Navy, Cherry Cobbler, So Saffron
Other - Sand paper, Modern Label punch, Ice Square Rhinestones, Sponge Daubers

1 comment:

Marlene said...

This is so pretty!!! Nice change from all the snow I'm looking at right now!