Sunday, July 13, 2008

Today's Challenge Cards

Happy Sunday...
Wow, Wedding Cakes have changed since I got married 22.5 years ago! Yesterday's Inspiration Challenge was from Cupcakes from Vancouver. Wow, they have fabulous designs. Unfortunately I couldn't get a copy of the cake that I chose for inspiration - it's called "String of Pearls". When I saw the cake I knew exactly what I wanted to do on the card. My only disappointment is the glare of the one little glue dot holding one of the strings of beads on....oh well.



The second card is for today's Featured Stamper Challenge. This was a hard one....Stephanie has so many fantastic cards. What I ended up doing was merging two of her designs together.

Here are the two I chose to "case".






Thanks for stopping by - Happy Stamping - JOAN

9 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Two fabulous cards Joan, I love the stunning wedding card and the pearls.. so pretty. Hugs, Nikki x

Andrea, said...

Wow these are fabulous, I love the pearls on the cake card

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA Joan, these cards are fantastical!!!! New word, lolol!

And if you hadn't pointed out the glare from the glue dot, I never would have noticed. It makes no matter 'cuz the card is drop-dead gorgeous!

~Hugz!!

Anonymous said...

Joan that cake card is so pretty. I love the pearls! Oh I love the second card, too!

Annapurna said...

It is lovely, glue dot glare or not. Those are the kind of things only pictures capture and the recipient can hardly see. You also could use a tiny bit of crystal effects to glue down your pearls.

Lovely cards, all of them.

Cindy Haffner said...

So pretty, i love the pearls too.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Very soft and elegant....perfect for a wedding card.

Alex said...

Both of these turned out fabulous Joan - love that beautiful wedding card with all the pearls! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Penny said...

I love the pearls on your wedding card - perfect!