Saturday, July 5, 2008

Catch-Up


I almost hate the first two weeks of summer. I'm beginning to move out of my laziness and get my butt in gear for things that need to be done around here....housework, yardwork, stamping.....
This first card is actually from last weeks Inspiration challenge. The quilt, from State Fair Bedding, had bold prints included so I figured the Ginormous Flowers were perfect for it. I clear embossed one flower on white glossy paper and rubbed Close to Cocoa for the background. The white "dots" around the brown edge are hole punched. I wouldn't have chosen these colours but the quilter was smart....they do go together rather well.

Next, is actually today's Inspiration Challenge from Mackintosh Enamels. I love these dishes. I used the Sketch Challenge for this week and the Technique Challenge. However, I came no where near to "pouncing" with the chalk. I was downright brutal with it. I clear embossed the leaves onto regular white cardstock. Next, I used the blender pen to colour in the leaves with Wild Wasabi (Oh yeah, this is the colour challenge too). Once that was done I took a sponge dauber and scrubbed Certainly Celery chalk into the white cardstock. The colour shows up a bit better in person. I would have kept the whole card green but I added the definition in Purely Pomegranate for the challenge.










Finally, I'd like to share this card I received from my "Devine Secret Sister" from Splitcoast. I just love it. The leaf backgrounds have turned out more yellowy in the photo. There's actually more rose in the original.


Today's chores are to clean out the garage until I can't stand the heat. Then I'll work on a few more scrapbook pages. I'm debating whether to post them or not. They are first attempts!

News of the week......the surgeon has finally agreed that I've jumped (not literally) through enough hoops for a total knee replacement. I know I want/need it but I'm now scared to death. Still waiting for the date though....3-6 months from now.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by - Happy Stampin' - JOAN

11 comments:

Amy Sheffer said...

I love your interpretation of the two inspiration pieces!! Great cards. What fun mail from your secret sister, too! Sorry to hear about your upcoming surgery :/

Andrea, said...

Fabulous cards, hope you're having a good weekend

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Gosh, you did a wonderful job with the challenge. The card looks just like the pic! I love challenges, and rarely seem to find the time to partake in one, but I did this week and might just get around to posting it. It's been sitting for 4 days--LOL.

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh lots of pretty cards.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That first card is dead on the challenge. Hmmmm...I must try this "pouncing" you speak of.

Julia Aston said...

Yikes! you're really stamping up a storm catching up! love the quilt card - great flowers on it - and wonderful dish card - love the colors and images you used.

Kerry Johnson said...

Pretty cards! I especially love the green one! Good luck with your surgery - my mom had a total knee done at the tender age of 50. Hope it brings you some relief!

Janine said...

These are all great takes on the challenges!!!

Bonnie said...

Wonderful take on these challenges! Funny how quilters "get" the colours isn't it??!! LOL!

dpkennedy said...

Hi Joan, great inspiration challenge cards! Love the bold colors on the first one! I would love to comment on them all..but I am catching up on all my blog reading I missed over the last 2 weeks so I just don't have time! But I will say I love your Zoofari birds, very cute! And I am also in the DSS group! I sent my package yesterday and I have one more card to send to my lil sis to complete the round. Remind me not to sign up for these things again...I just have no time and then I feel guilty about it. Any hoo, have a great day!!

Alex said...

Your cards ROCK Joan - love them!! My friend just had his knee replacement surgery and although the recovery is tough, he says he feels like a new man!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex